Synergies in the value creation chain will be sustainably exploited between payment service providers, financial institutions and consumers. Moreover, ISO 20022 is the basis for the QR-bill. The latter will further accelerate digital payment transactions.
Options for action in the event of a non-timely migration to QR-bill
Replacement of the conventional payment slips
Since 1 October 2022, it is no longer possible throughout Switzerland to pay invoices using orange and red payment slips (IS/ISR).
Clarification of need for action
There is a need for action for invoice issuers who are not yet able to invoice with QR-bills.
It must be clarified whether the invoicing solution used by the invoice issuer supports the creation of QR-bills. In addition, it must be ensured that the notification can be processed using camt messages.
The necessary information for migration to QR-bill (e.g. QR-IBAN) must be provided to the invoice issuer by the financial institution.
Options for action
If it is not possible to migrate to QR-bill on time, the invoice issuer has the following temporary options for generating QR-bills:
- Browser-based solutions for generating QR-bills (overview: Generating Swiss QR Codes)
- Online solutions of the financial institution on the homepage or in online banking, if offered by the
- Ordering of pre-printed payment parts with QR code, if offered by the financial institution
- Ordering of pre-printed payment parts with QR code from a printing company
- Use of the "Print Order Standard", for example, to commission a print shop